Steroplast EAB – Tearlite
Latex free ‘crinkly’ elastic adhesive bandage that tears easily by hand
- A versatile and supportive bandage widely used in football, rugby, netball and cricket
- 5cm size for wrists and arms
- 7.5cm size for knees, ankles and legs
- The bandage allows an ultra-fast application
- Latex-free adhesive coating makes it ideal for sensitive skin
- Lightweight open weave material
- Distinctive textured linear pattern in the cotton
- Ideal for relieving and supporting multiple injuries
- A light bandage that can withstand the toughest situations
£25.80 – £39.60
Features & Benefits
- Perfect for ultra-quick application
- Textured-linear pattern cotton bandage
- 4.5 metre long stretched length
- Available in 5cm and 7.5cm widths
- CE Marked
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Relief and support of multiple injuries
- Unwinds all the way to the core
- 100% cotton stretch bandage
- Makes a physios job a lot easier
EAB Tearlite, is in the same product family as EAB Premium and EAB Trainers Choice, all of which are elasticated adhesive bandages. Meaning, they’re bandages with a high degree of elasticity and stretch. Due to the elasticity of the products, they’re not as suitable option for complete joint immobilisation. Instead, they’re perfect for providing flexible support for constantly moving joints.
Tearlite differs from Premium and Trainers Choice, as it’s a much more lightweight bandage, created from an open weave cotton. This lightweight construction means it can be torn simply and quickly by hand – which means it’s fantastic and very popular for sports use. The bandages lightweight construction, does not however, affect its power. Tearlite still provides high-level compression and it’s medical grade adhesive means it stays in place, in the toughest conditions and even during high-contact sport.
EAB is known by many names in the sports industry; sports bandage, sports tape, support bandage, the reason being, it’s wide range of medical and sporting applications. Although, it was specifically designed as a compression bandage for supporting weak joints. The adhesive bandage is key for treating sports injuries, wrapping soft tissue and muscle injuries. Providing compression and support to affected areas, limiting swelling and providing protection to the injury.
The bandage is very popular and widely used as a general purpose tape in rugby. Specifically in rugby union as line-out or lifting tape. It’s applied around players thighs, usually covering a lifting block or additional padding. This is then used by teammates as a lifting support for boosting jumpers at the line-out. It is also used as protection for players hands/fingers and ears.