Dr Carl Todd – Osteopathy in Football – Injury Rehab Network Event
Sterosport and BASRaT are pleased to announce the latest in the series of extraordinarily successful Injury Rehab Network events. Taking place online on Thursday 7th July from 7pm – 8pm. The event features a presentation from expert guest speaker Dr Carl Todd (Consultant Osteopath in Sport & Exercise Medicine). Click here to register for your free place.
Dr Carl Todd (Consultant Osteopath in Sport & Exercise Medicine)
Dr Carl Todd is a registered osteopath, lecturer, published author and certified strength and conditioning specialist. Carl has a PhD in orthopaedics and clinical science, a Master’s degree in sports injury medicine and an Honours degree in osteopathy.
Carl’s professional memberships include the General Osteopathic Council, Institute of Osteopathy, Osteopathic Sports Care Association, British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine, British Medical Acupuncture Society and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
In 2005 Carl became the first osteopath to be appointed by The Football Association and work with the England Football team. To date, he has provided osteopathic care for 200 international games and attended four FIFA World Cup tournaments, Germany 2006, South Africa 2010, Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018; three UEFA European Championships Poland & Ukraine 2012; France 2016; Euro 2020.
Carl has been a consultant osteopath to Chelsea Football Club since 2008 working as part of the medical support for the first team players in all competitions. In 2019 Carl began providing osteopathic care in the sport of high-performance Athletics, specifically providing trackside support for Dina Asher-Smith.
Carl has previously carried out consultancy roles for the England Cricket Board, Team GB male and female Basketball at the London 2012 Olympics, British Athletics at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and many other clubs including; Real Madrid, IFK Gothenburg, Manchester United FC, Manchester City FC, Liverpool FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Portsmouth FC, West Bromich Albion FC, and Worcestershire County Cricket Club and from 2006-2008 as part of the medical team at Honda UK.
His unique areas of interest are the spine, hip and groin rehabilitation pre and post-surgery, and specifically, injury prevention. Carl lectures regularly at medical conferences both nationally and internationally on the subject of sports injury management and rehabilitation.
Osteopathy in Football
Carl’s presentation, “Osteopathy in football”, will provide insight into osteopathic support for athletes as part of multi-disciplinary teams in professional football. Carl will share insights and learnings from his own unique style of integrating osteopathy and corrective exercise rehabilitation, encompassing bio-psychosocial, biomechanical, and functional rehabilitation for patient management, injury prevention and re-education.
Book your place – click here to register
- Date – Thursday 7th July 2022
- Time – 7pm – 8pm
- Cost – Free
- Location – Online (Zoom)
- Sign up – register for your free place
The next event of the Injury Rehab Network
The next event of the Injury Rehab Network in partnership with BASRaT will take place online on Thursday 7th July 2022 from 7pm – 8pm. Anyone professionally involved with or studying sports medicine, performance and rehabilitation from injury is welcome to attend. To reserve a place, just sign up with BASRaT – click here to register.
There is even a LinkedIn group for the Injury Rehab Network where the latest updates and information are shared.
Please enter your details into the form below along with any questions or comments and a member of our team will be happy to provide you with more information:
Get in Touch
- Treatment and Prevention of Cauliflower Ear
- How to Treat Common Rugby Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Courses: Everything you Need to Know
- The Definitive Rugby First Aid Kit Contents List
- Taping Your Wrists for Football: Why and How
- Effective Prevention of Injuries in Football
- How to Treat Common Football Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Kits: Complete Guidance for Rugby Union and Rugby League
- Knee Injuries in Professional Football and Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Kemp – Lateral Ankle Injuries in Professional Football – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Michael Blackie BDS – Oral Health Impact on Performance in Elite Sport
- The Best Football First Aid Courses Recommended by Experts – Courses your coaches should be taking and why
- Football First Aid Kit Contents List – What should yours contain to keep your football players safe?
- Boxing First Aid Kit Contents List
- Preventing and Treating Shin Splints
- 8 Essential Safety Tips for Boxing
- How to Apply Boxing Hand and Wrist Wraps
- Essential Boxing Safety Equipment
- How to Spot and Treat an ACL Tear
- How to Treat a Pulled Hamstring
- How to Treat a Groin Strain
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
- Essential Parts of Any Sports First Aid Kit
- Recommended First Aid Courses for Sport
- Essential First Aid Skills for Cyclists
- Cycling First Aid Kit Contents List
- Cycling First Aid Kits – A Complete Guide
- Mike Healy – Pitchside Care CPD – Injury Rehab Network Event
- David Fevre – Pitch Side Injuries: No Time to be Injured – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding – Physiotherapy in an Elite Football Academy: Beyond injuries – Injury Rehab Network Event
- The Strain of Christmas – A Busy Time for Physio’s
- Dr Imtiaz Ahmad: Football Club Doctor – An Evolving Role – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding & David Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- GB Maxibasketball and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Sterosport and FMPA Partnership Announcement
- 2022 Injury Rehab Network Events
- Dr Ian Horsley, Team GB Deputy Chief Physio, at the Injury Rehab Network
- Sign Up: Sports Taping and Kinesiology Taping Online Courses
- Dr Barry Monk – Sunshine and Skin Cancer – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Miller – Calf Injury Rehabilitation – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Angela Jackson – Managing The Overloaded Younger Athlete – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Shoulder Injuries in Sport – Expert Q&A Injury Rehab Network Event
- Professor Bill Ribbans – The Athletic Ankle. When do Lax Ligaments Need Surgery? – Injury Rehab Network
- Diane Ryding – Tackling Paediatric Injuries – Injury Rehab Network
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 2)
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 1)
- The Athletes Shoulder – The Surgeons Perspective – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Dr Claire Minshull – Getting Efficacious About Rehab and Conditioning – Injury Rehab Network Event
- How to Conduct a Risk Assessment for the Return to Sport
- Return to sport: A complete guide on what to expect
- Types of Sports Tape and their Uses
- Gary Lewin, Expert Football Physiotherapist – Rehabilitation on the Road in Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Josh Quigley at the Injury Rehab Network
- 2021 Injury Rehab Network Events
- The Importance of the Partnership Between a Manager and a Physio
- Paul Lubas – The Pitch-Side Paramedic
- Returning to Work as a Sports Therapist After Coronavirus
- Hyde United FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Chorley FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- British American Football and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Dave Fevre – Expert Chartered Sports Physiotherapist – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Does Kinesiology Tape Work?
- Here To Help When You Return To Sport
- Mike James at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines Shares Details About Her Paralympic Cycling Programme
- Hannah Dines – Hills Thrills and No Chills on the Road to Tokyo 2020
- Dave Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines – When an Athlete Switches Off
- Hannah Dines – Life Balance – How Friends Are Key to Elite Success
- University of Salford Sports Taping Courses
- Hannah Dines – Love Island, Laundry, Admin and Repeat – A Day in the Life of a Paralympian
- Injured? Here’s How Nutrition Can Help
- Sterosport – A New Approach to Sports Injuries
- Hannah Dines – Terminating Injury
- Injury Rehab Network NW Gets off to a Flying Start