Here To Help When You Return To Sport
The health of the nation is always the number one priority. COVID-19 has impacted all areas of our lives. It’s no surprise that sport at all levels, from elite to grassroots, and participation in recreational sporting activities was cancelled, suspended or postponed during the lockdown.
Restrictions are gradually being eased with communities now able to participate in sport and recreational activities more freely. Professional football has returned, and many elite sports are now back training and working towards competition.
In this blog, we explore some of the latest guidance on the return of sport and physical activity and how sport can be delivered safely. We’ve collated the guidance to help sports clubs and sports injury professionals understand what you need to do as sport returns.
Guidance for the Sports Sector
Below is a list of guidance from Government and different sports organisations on how social distancing and high standards of hygiene and infection control should be maintained.
- UK Government
- Guidance for people who work in grassroots sport and gym/ leisure facilities.
- Sport England
- UK Active
- Operational guidance for the reopening of gyms and leisure centres.
- Guidance on the safe delivery of children’s activities.
- BJSM blog
- Pitch side emergency care & personal protective equipment: a framework for elite sport during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sports Injury Fix
- Advice for sports therapists on how to improve your online presence and deliver online assessments.
- The British Association of Sport Rehabilitators (BASRAT)
- A policy around guidance for face to face appointments and making the case for sports therapy and rehabilitation to decision-makers.
National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of sport have also developed guidance on the safe return of sport. Below is a selection of guidance from different sports:
- Athletics (including running) – England Athletics
- Boxing – England Boxing
- Cricket – ECB
- Cycling – British Cycling
- Football – The FA
- Netball – England Netball
- Rugby League – RFL
- Rugby Union – RFU
Top Tips for Keeping Active and Staying Well
COVID-19 has disrupted our usual routines, but healthy body healthy mind has arguably never been a more important phrase as we all deal with new ways of working and family life. Fortunately, help is at hand for people who want to keep active. There’s lots of fantastic information and opportunities available online – here’s some useful links to help you find the right way to keep active:
- Sport England ‘Join the Movement’
- GreaterSport ways to keep moving
- Sports Injury Fix advice on what to do if your race is cancelled and the importance of maintaining regular exercise
- Mind information about coronavirus and support for your wellbeing
Sterosport – How Can We Help YOu?
As sport returns one thing is clear and it is that the sports sector is resilient, innovative, and integral to the fabric of our communities. Sports organisations have immediately turned to helping their communities and will continue to do so.
The sector will continue to act responsibly and to put health and wellbeing first with support available to ensure organisations can manage in the short term.
Whilst sport might not yet be entirely back to normal, there is still plenty of ways to keep active and to stay connected with your sporting pals, friends, and families.
Why not use the opportunity to take stock of supplies and to be prepared for when sport returns? Steroplast products are trusted and used widely in both sport and healthcare. Visit www.sterosport.co.uk for the latest information about our exceptional quality medical products for sports injuries and for offers on PPE, hygiene and infection control products click here.
For an informal discussion about your sports medical requirements contact Andrew Watson on email@example.com / 0800 978 8301.
Please enter your details into the form below along with any questions or comments and a member of our team will be happy to provide you with more information:
Get in Touch
- Treatment and Prevention of Cauliflower Ear
- How to Treat Common Rugby Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Courses: Everything you Need to Know
- The Definitive Rugby First Aid Kit Contents List
- Taping Your Wrists for Football: Why and How
- Effective Prevention of Injuries in Football
- How to Treat Common Football Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Kits: Complete Guidance for Rugby Union and Rugby League
- Knee Injuries in Professional Football and Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Kemp – Lateral Ankle Injuries in Professional Football – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Michael Blackie BDS – Oral Health Impact on Performance in Elite Sport
- The Best Football First Aid Courses Recommended by Experts – Courses your coaches should be taking and why
- Football First Aid Kit Contents List – What should yours contain to keep your football players safe?
- Boxing First Aid Kit Contents List
- Preventing and Treating Shin Splints
- 8 Essential Safety Tips for Boxing
- How to Apply Boxing Hand and Wrist Wraps
- Essential Boxing Safety Equipment
- How to Spot and Treat an ACL Tear
- How to Treat a Pulled Hamstring
- How to Treat a Groin Strain
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
- Essential Parts of Any Sports First Aid Kit
- Recommended First Aid Courses for Sport
- Essential First Aid Skills for Cyclists
- Cycling First Aid Kit Contents List
- Cycling First Aid Kits – A Complete Guide
- Mike Healy – Pitchside Care CPD – Injury Rehab Network Event
- David Fevre – Pitch Side Injuries: No Time to be Injured – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding – Physiotherapy in an Elite Football Academy: Beyond injuries – Injury Rehab Network Event
- The Strain of Christmas – A Busy Time for Physio’s
- Dr Imtiaz Ahmad: Football Club Doctor – An Evolving Role – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding & David Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- GB Maxibasketball and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Sterosport and FMPA Partnership Announcement
- 2022 Injury Rehab Network Events
- Dr Ian Horsley, Team GB Deputy Chief Physio, at the Injury Rehab Network
- Sign Up: Sports Taping and Kinesiology Taping Online Courses
- Dr Barry Monk – Sunshine and Skin Cancer – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Miller – Calf Injury Rehabilitation – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Angela Jackson – Managing The Overloaded Younger Athlete – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Shoulder Injuries in Sport – Expert Q&A Injury Rehab Network Event
- Professor Bill Ribbans – The Athletic Ankle. When do Lax Ligaments Need Surgery? – Injury Rehab Network
- Diane Ryding – Tackling Paediatric Injuries – Injury Rehab Network
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 2)
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 1)
- The Athletes Shoulder – The Surgeons Perspective – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Dr Claire Minshull – Getting Efficacious About Rehab and Conditioning – Injury Rehab Network Event
- How to Conduct a Risk Assessment for the Return to Sport
- Return to sport: A complete guide on what to expect
- Types of Sports Tape and their Uses
- Gary Lewin, Expert Football Physiotherapist – Rehabilitation on the Road in Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Josh Quigley at the Injury Rehab Network
- 2021 Injury Rehab Network Events
- The Importance of the Partnership Between a Manager and a Physio
- Paul Lubas – The Pitch-Side Paramedic
- Returning to Work as a Sports Therapist After Coronavirus
- Hyde United FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Chorley FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- British American Football and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Dave Fevre – Expert Chartered Sports Physiotherapist – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Does Kinesiology Tape Work?
- Here To Help When You Return To Sport
- Mike James at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines Shares Details About Her Paralympic Cycling Programme
- Hannah Dines – Hills Thrills and No Chills on the Road to Tokyo 2020
- Dave Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines – When an Athlete Switches Off
- Hannah Dines – Life Balance – How Friends Are Key to Elite Success
- University of Salford Sports Taping Courses
- Hannah Dines – Love Island, Laundry, Admin and Repeat – A Day in the Life of a Paralympian
- Injured? Here’s How Nutrition Can Help
- Sterosport – A New Approach to Sports Injuries
- Hannah Dines – Terminating Injury
- Injury Rehab Network NW Gets off to a Flying Start