GB Maxibasketball and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
GB Maxibasketball is working in partnership with Sterosport, the sports division of Steroplast Healthcare, established to help sports clubs and participants to turn setbacks into comebacks. The GB Maxibasketball performance support team are using Steroplast products for the medical requirements of the squad and their forthcoming participation at the FIMBA European Maxi-Basketball Championships 2022 in Spain. GB Maxibasketball will then progress on to the largest stage at the FIMBA World Championships 2023 in Orlando, USA at the Disney/ ESPN Wide World of Sport Complex.
Andrew Watson, Head of Business Development – Sport at Steroplast Healthcare said,
“It’s fantastic to be able to support GB Maxibasketball with the medical items required for their participation at the European Championships in Spain in 2022. As a nationally recognised programme, GB Maxibasketball have a clear focus on quality and performance, and we’re delighted to be able to support the GB Maxibasketball Physios and medical team with the equipment required to ensure the teams can perform and be prepared for emergencies.”
Sadie Mason MBE, Programme Director, GB Maxibasketball said,
“I am delighted to be working with a company that understands the needs of performance sport and is willing to go that extra mile to ensure that our therapists are well supplied, and that our GB players can be confident that our therapists have the necessary tools to deal with medical emergencies and ongoing maintenance, during what will be a physically challenging 10-day European championship event. We really appreciate Sterosport coming on board and look forward to working with them over the next few years.”
The GB Maxibasketball teams will be equipped with a range of quality Steroplast first aid and medical products including bandages, dressings, sports tapes, infection control products, airways, splints, emergency equipment and pharmaceutical items.
Mark Dayson MCSP Sport.D, Head of Performance Support, GB Maxibasketball said,
“The partnership between GB Maxibasketball and Sterosport is a very exciting development. The new relationship will enable our team of therapists to utilise all their skills and be fully supplied whilst on National Team duties overseas. It is a significant step forward as we work toward the European Championships next year. We hope the partnership will thrive in the coming years.”
Your team could be the next Sterosport partner team and benefit from discount pricing, personal service and quality medical products developed to the highest standards in healthcare. To find out more and get in touch to discuss how Sterosport could work in partnership with your team, check out our partner team offer page.
For more information, please contact Andrew Watson on 0800 978 8301 or email email@example.com.
About GB Maxibasketball
GB Maxibasketball is a high-quality national team’s programme for male and female players aged 35+ to 55+ years
of age. It is part of the Basketball England Talent Pathway for players to represent Great Britain.
The programme was originally established towards the end of the 2017/18 basketball season to encourage former female players back into basketball, and to provide the opportunity for some of these players to ultimately represent their country on the international stage.
The GB Maxibasketball programme produced the first ever British basketball teams to compete on a World Maxibasketball stage. Two teams travelled to Espoo, Helsinki – Finland’s capital city – to compete in the 15th FIMBA World Maxibasketball Championships 2019. They represented Great Britain in the 40+ and 50+ competition categories, with their 50+ team achieving a world championship 4th place medal. Nicknamed ‘GB Maxis,’ their success had led to the expansion of the performance element of the programme during 2020 and they now organise male and female teams to compete in World and European Maxibasketball championships.
In December 2020, the GB Maxibasketball programme was recognised by Basketball England for its excellence in providing a performance environment for teams operating at a high level, when it was included in the Basketball England Talent Pathway for elite players. The ‘Talent Pathway’ contains four tiers of progression and showcases the various stages of development for basketball players from the age of eleven through to senior GB representation. For the first time ever, the pathway has been extended to include GB representation at maxibasketball level. Basketball Scotland, Basketball Wales and Basketball Northern Ireland also support the inclusion of its players in this GB programme.
On the domestic front, it is known that a good number of older players stop playing in local leagues because they no longer wish to compete against players that are half-their age and twice their speed! So, GB Maxibasketball partnered with Basketball England to support them with activating the ‘masters’ element of their strategic plan for the game Growing Basketball Together 2018-2024, by ensuring an inclusive approach to basketball for older participants. They are aware that social master’s basketball groups already exist, but there is also a huge untapped demand in many areas. The GB Maxis programme has helped to significantly raise the profile of master’s basketball in the UK, and regular promotion has already motivated individuals to return to the game and has been the catalyst for existing organisations to develop further opportunities at community level.
About Steroplast Healthcare
Established over two decades ago, Steroplast is today a leading UK wholesaler of pharmaceuticals, distributor of diagnostic equipment and supplier of a comprehensive range of medical disposables. The company’s heritage is built around the medical sector, with a healthcare range of over 1,000 lines, it continues to expand to meet the needs of a diverse customer base. Many of the best-known brands in healthcare work with Steroplast Healthcare, including the British Red Cross who relies on the company as an exclusive supplier. Sterosport was established in early 2019 as a division of the company dedicated to supporting the sports community.
For more information, please contact Andrew Watson on 0800 978 8301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter your details into the form below along with any questions or comments and a member of our team will be happy to provide you with more information:
Get in Touch
- Treatment and Prevention of Cauliflower Ear
- How to Treat Common Rugby Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Courses: Everything you Need to Know
- The Definitive Rugby First Aid Kit Contents List
- Taping Your Wrists for Football: Why and How
- Effective Prevention of Injuries in Football
- How to Treat Common Football Injuries
- Rugby First Aid Kits: Complete Guidance for Rugby Union and Rugby League
- Knee Injuries in Professional Football and Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Kemp – Lateral Ankle Injuries in Professional Football – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Michael Blackie BDS – Oral Health Impact on Performance in Elite Sport
- The Best Football First Aid Courses Recommended by Experts – Courses your coaches should be taking and why
- Football First Aid Kit Contents List – What should yours contain to keep your football players safe?
- Boxing First Aid Kit Contents List
- Preventing and Treating Shin Splints
- 8 Essential Safety Tips for Boxing
- How to Apply Boxing Hand and Wrist Wraps
- Essential Boxing Safety Equipment
- How to Spot and Treat an ACL Tear
- How to Treat a Pulled Hamstring
- How to Treat a Groin Strain
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
- Essential Parts of Any Sports First Aid Kit
- Recommended First Aid Courses for Sport
- Essential First Aid Skills for Cyclists
- Cycling First Aid Kit Contents List
- Cycling First Aid Kits – A Complete Guide
- Mike Healy – Pitchside Care CPD – Injury Rehab Network Event
- David Fevre – Pitch Side Injuries: No Time to be Injured – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding – Physiotherapy in an Elite Football Academy: Beyond injuries – Injury Rehab Network Event
- The Strain of Christmas – A Busy Time for Physio’s
- Dr Imtiaz Ahmad: Football Club Doctor – An Evolving Role – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Diane Ryding & David Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- GB Maxibasketball and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Sterosport and FMPA Partnership Announcement
- 2022 Injury Rehab Network Events
- Dr Ian Horsley, Team GB Deputy Chief Physio, at the Injury Rehab Network
- Sign Up: Sports Taping and Kinesiology Taping Online Courses
- Dr Barry Monk – Sunshine and Skin Cancer – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Steve Miller – Calf Injury Rehabilitation – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Angela Jackson – Managing The Overloaded Younger Athlete – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Shoulder Injuries in Sport – Expert Q&A Injury Rehab Network Event
- Professor Bill Ribbans – The Athletic Ankle. When do Lax Ligaments Need Surgery? – Injury Rehab Network
- Diane Ryding – Tackling Paediatric Injuries – Injury Rehab Network
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 2)
- What are the most common sports injuries? Top Ten (Part 1)
- The Athletes Shoulder – The Surgeons Perspective – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Dr Claire Minshull – Getting Efficacious About Rehab and Conditioning – Injury Rehab Network Event
- How to Conduct a Risk Assessment for the Return to Sport
- Return to sport: A complete guide on what to expect
- Types of Sports Tape and their Uses
- Gary Lewin, Expert Football Physiotherapist – Rehabilitation on the Road in Elite Sport – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Josh Quigley at the Injury Rehab Network
- 2021 Injury Rehab Network Events
- The Importance of the Partnership Between a Manager and a Physio
- Paul Lubas – The Pitch-Side Paramedic
- Returning to Work as a Sports Therapist After Coronavirus
- Hyde United FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Chorley FC and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- British American Football and Sterosport Partnership Announcement
- Dave Fevre – Expert Chartered Sports Physiotherapist – Injury Rehab Network Event
- Does Kinesiology Tape Work?
- Here To Help When You Return To Sport
- Mike James at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines Shares Details About Her Paralympic Cycling Programme
- Hannah Dines – Hills Thrills and No Chills on the Road to Tokyo 2020
- Dave Fevre at the Injury Rehab Network
- Hannah Dines – When an Athlete Switches Off
- Hannah Dines – Life Balance – How Friends Are Key to Elite Success
- University of Salford Sports Taping Courses
- Hannah Dines – Love Island, Laundry, Admin and Repeat – A Day in the Life of a Paralympian
- Injured? Here’s How Nutrition Can Help
- Sterosport – A New Approach to Sports Injuries
- Hannah Dines – Terminating Injury
- Injury Rehab Network NW Gets off to a Flying Start